Tuesday, 4 April 2017

8 Books To Read If You Like Young Adult Romance

I really love reading. It really is some pure quality time for me. I like to read in the bus, during my lunch break, in my bath, and of course during summer, at the beach (perfect). I definitely have a favorite genre, and as you saw in the title, I’m all about young adult/romance stories. I’ve been reading a lot these past month, and I discovered some gems. I read mostly on my Kindle, so you can find all of these on amazon for yours. Here are my Top 8 Favourite Young Adult/Romance Books:
  
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell


Rainbow Rowell is probably my favorite author. And it’s so hard to choose which one to put first. I’ve read this book twice already. It’s the sweetest love story ever between two people who are so different but find their way together. It talks about bullying, and relationship with parents. You can basically read every Rainbow Rowell’s books as well, she is amazing.

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks.


This is, surprisingly the first Nicholas Sparks books I’ve read. And I loved it. (I love every Nicholas Sparks movie so I wasn’t surprised). A love story between a cutie and a sexy vet. Involves dogs and lake houses, and tears. 10/10. They made a movie about it last year I think, but if you haven’t seen it, read the book before. I’m not going to spoil anything, but it’s worth reading, really! Perfect for summer.

I was here by Gayle Forman


I finished this book so fast, I just wanted to know the end. It’s about suicide, I know, it’s sad. What a suicide of a young girl does to her family, her friends, an entire town. I just really loved how it was written, and I love the characters. It’s very deep, and makes you understand so many things. I loved it. I was surprised to actually enjoy this book, because I couldn’t finished any of Gayle Forman’s books before. I found them hard to read in English (I’m French) so I wasn’t enjoying it. But this one was so trouble.

 Fangirl and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell


Again, Rainbow Rowell, I know. I choose to put these two books together because they are related. This is kind of hard to explain but I will try: Fangirl involves a girl who writes fanfiction about a book series called Simon Snow, and she is starting university. And the book Carry On is the actual Fanfiction of Simon Snow written by Rowell. The story of a young boy in a world of witchcraft, and involves the best love story eve created on earth. I love love love these books so much. First I love the characters of Snow and Baz, and also the characters in Fangirl. It’s just so good. So real. I love you Rainbow Rowell.
   
   Holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven


This is good. So good. I’ve read it so fast as well when I was travelling this February. Talks about bullying as well, obesity, and acceptance, and love, and family, and high school. Sounds like Eleanor and Park, and in a way, it’s similar, but the plot is different and I loved it so much. I really recommend it. The characters are so strong, and unique, with interesting background stories.


    A little something different by Sandy hall


I finished it a few days ago. Very fast to read as well, and so adorable. Very original as well, it’s a love story seen by everyone and everything BUT the two protagonist, like the bus driver point of view, a bench, a barista, a teacher, their friends… very interesting to read. And it’s finally a love story I can relate to. And she mentions Glee in the book and involves lgtb and people of colours So 10/10.

    The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon


This one is also written with different points of views. It talks about immigration, family, and the theory that everything happens for a reason and that everything has consequences on the world. It’s a very beautiful love story, and also about family issues. I think it’s kind of an important book. Worth reading for sure, really makes you think.

   Signs to point yes by Sandy Hall



Sandy again, yep. I haven’t even finished that one yet, I think I have only a few pages left, but I already know that I love it. A shy love story between Jane and Teo, who used to be friends when they were younger, and now Jane is babysitting his sisters during summer. And then some stuff happens as you can guess. Sandy Hall’s love story are the sweetest. I also love that she doesn’t really describe how characters looks. You barely know anything physical about them, and I think that makes her story specials as well. Talks about bisexuality as well, which I’ve never seen in a book before. So yeah, GREAT. 

What is your favorite book? Have you read some of my list?
Tell me in the comments ! 


Kisses,
Pauly.